To provide confidential Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)/Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) counseling and testing services for high risk population groups.
HIV counseling and testing is available to all Very High Risk and High Risk individuals:
An individual at Very High Risk for HIV infection is someone who (within the past six months) has one or more of the following:
- Had unprotected sex with a person who is living with HIV
- Had unprotected sex in exchange for money or drugs
- Had multiple (greater than 5) or anonymous unprotected sex or needle-sharing partners
- Been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted disease
An individual at High Risk for HIV infection has one or more of the following:
- Had unprotected sex
- Shared injecting equipment in a high-prevalence setting*
- Had sex with a person who is living with HIV
* A high-prevalence setting is a geographic location or community with an HIV seroprevalence greater than or equal to one percent.